Dear Glenburn Community Members,
Please join me in congratulating Diane Norris for her recent nomination by the Penobscot Regional Advisory Board of Special Education Directors for the Maine Special Education Professional of the Year Award.
The MADSEC Executive Committee will be choosing the finalist on May 6th, 2016, and we are so proud to have an outstanding candidate nominated unanimously at our recent regional board meeting.
This is an incredible honor for Diane Norris and the Glenburn School Department.
We need statements of support from professional colleagues, personal references, students, and community members. Anybody interested in writing a letter in support of Diane can submit them to me in the Special Services Department. These letters will have a huge impact on the selection committee and are due to me by Friday, March 18th.
The selection criteria for this great honor includes:
- Outstanding contributions to education and/or success as a special education professional
- Demonstration of an awareness of current educational developments by utilizing programs that are viable, innovative, and successful
- Demonstration of endeavor to grow professionally by attending workshops, conferences, graduate classes, and seminars
- Involvement in the community
- Involvement in writing grants and implementing new programs
- Regular involvement on school committees and demonstration of leadership role
- Involvement in staff development for regular education and/or special education staff
- Number of years of service
Method of Recognition:
The recipient of this award will receive special recognition and an engraved plaque at the MADSEC Annual Awards Dinner
Please support our incredible candidate, Diane Norris, for this GREAT honor.
Kimberly Bennett, M.Ed., C.A.S.
Director of Special Services